Performance Painting’s 5-2-1 Guarantee of Workmanship
Limited Five Year Warranty – for painted and solid colour stained areas
Limited Two Year Warranty – for semi-transparent stained areas (does not include Sikkens)
Limited One Year Warranty – for Sikkens and/or transparent stained areas
Subject to the limitations set forth below, for a period of 60, 24 or 12 months (depending on the type of paint/stain applied to an area as specified in the agreement) from the date of completion of the work described on the contract, RDH Performance Painting Inc, DBA Performance Painting (the “Contractor”) will repair peeling, blistering or chipping paint resulting from defective workmanship. This guarantee includes paint, labour and materials needed for any repairs covered.
For this warranty to be valid, you must:
- Pay the full contract price.
- Retain a copy of the original contract.
- Make the property accessible to the Contractor, or it’s employees, to perform the repairs.
This limited warranty does not cover:
- Any work where the Contractor did not supply the paint or other materials.
- Any work which was not performed by the Contractor.
- Surfaces made of, or containing, galvanized metal.
- Repairs to horizontal surfaces or any surface that, by virtue of its design permits moisture to collect. Surfaces include, but are not limited to, decks, railings, stairs, porches, roofs, and
- Exact paint match as environmental conditions will affect the colour and finish of all paints over time.
- Any repairs which are necessitated as a result of a defect in the paint regardless of whether the paint was supplied by the Contractor or the customer.
- Bleeding caused by knots, rust or cedar.
- Cracks in drywall, plaster or wood.
This limited warranty does not cover peeling, blistering or chipping where they are caused by:
- mill-glazing from smooth cedar.
- ordinary wear and tear.
- abnormal use or misuse.
- peeling of layers of paint existing prior to the work performed by the Contractor.
- structural defects.
- settling or movement.
- moisture content of the substrate.
- abrasion, mechanical damage, abrasive cleaning, abuse, or damage resulting from use of chemicals or cleaning agents or exposure to harmful solids, liquids or gases.
- damage or defects caused in whole or in part by reason of fire, explosion, flood, acts of God, extreme weather conditions, misuse, alterations, abuse, vandalism, negligence, or any other similar causes beyond the control of the Contractor.
Repairs under this limited warranty will be performed only on the specific areas where peeling, blistering or chipping has occurred and only to the level of surface preparation described in the preparation section of the Contract.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE ONLY EXPRESS WARRANTY MADE BY THE CONTRACTOR AND IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. THIS WARRANTY COVERS ONLY THOSE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE CONTRACTOR TO THE ORIGINAL PURCHASER NAMED ON THE CONTRACT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE CONTRACTOR BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE ORIGINAL CONTRACT PRICE. THIS WARRANTY MAY NOT BE ALTERED OR EXTENDED FOR ANY PURPOSE UNLESS DONE SO IN WRITING IN A DOCUMENT EXECUTED BY ALL PARTIES TO THIS CONTRACT.
For warranty service, please contact us to schedule an inspection of your property by calling 1-604-938-5922 or emailing Error! Hyperlink reference not valid.